Harvard University Academy Scholars program opens applications for interested applicants who want to take part in the ongoing program at the University. Every detail you will need has been explained in this article and once you adhere to the application instructions, then you are very much good to go.
The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences (including law) with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
Applying for the scholarship program is simple and at the same time free. If you’ve ever had that dream to study at the Harvard University, then here is a chance you won’t want to miss.
2021/22 Harvard University Academy Scholars Program
The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, curiosity, and originality, whose work in cultures or regions outside of the US or Canada shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
Academy Scholars are appointed for a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. They receive substantial financial and research assistance to undertake sustained projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas. The Senior Scholars, a distinguished group of senior Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to help them achieve their intellectual potential.
Below are benefits that you can get from the scholarship program.
- Postdoctoral academy scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000. If selected before earning the Ph.D, the scholar will receive an annual stipend of $35,000 until awarded the Ph.D
- The stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage. Some teaching is permitted but not required.
- The competition for these awards is open only to recent Ph.D. (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a Ph.D. should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars.
- If you have completed a Ph.D. program, the Ph.D. completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline. For applicants applying for the October 1, 2021 deadline, you must have completed your Ph.D. or equivalent after September 30, 2018.
How To Apply
To apply for the scholarship program, simply adhere to the basic instructions given below.
- Visit the scholarship application portal
- Click on “Apply Online” at the right side of the page
- On the next page, click on “Apply”
- Click on Create New Account and fill in the required information, then click on “Submit”
- Sign in to the platform with your username to complete your application
The completed application will include:
- Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
The scholarship application closing date is on the 1st of October, 2021.
Share this 2021/22 Harvard University Academy Scholars Program Application on your social media account so that others can know about it.