The commonwealth professional fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle-income countries to spend a period at a UK host organization working in their sector for a program of professional development and the application is now open for interested individuals who wish to apply.
The sole aim of the fellowship program is to provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces. All Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans.
You can apply for the professional fellowship program if after you have read through this article and you meet the eligibility criteria.
The intended beneficiaries for this fellowship program are the mid-career professionals (with five years’ relevant work experience) working in development-related organisation in low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries.
List Of Countries Eligible For The Fellowship Program
Below are the countries eligible for the fellowship program.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Fully Funded Commonwealth Professional Fellowships – Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a citizen of or have been granted refuge status by an eligible commonwealth country or be a British protected person
- You must be a permanent recent in any of the eligible countries listed above
- You must have at least 5 years fulltime, or equivalent part time, relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the fellowship program start of the fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organisation that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer). Prospective Fellows will be contacted directly by the CSC if required to submit references. The Host organisation Fellows are applying to might also contact them to request a reference when considering their application
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award)
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates
In addition to the above, prospective fellows must ensure they meet any eligibility criteria set out by each individual host organisation.
The CSC aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make change.
How To Apply
Please note that all Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans.
All applicants must be professionals working on related issues. To apply, simply follow the steps below.
- Visit the official online application system
- Under the new user tab, enter your registered email address
- Create your password and confirm it
- Then click on Submit
- Follow onscreen instructions to apply and submit your application successfully
The application deadline is not specified. However, it is advised that you apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the fellowship program.
Meanwhile, share this 2022/2023 Fully Funded Commonwealth Professional Fellowships – Requirements & Application on your social media accounts so that others can know about it.