Applications are open for the 2022/2023 University Of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program and the basic instructions you need to follow and other details have been outlined right in this article. All you have to do is to read carefully and you will be very much good to go.
Strengthening African universities is one of the most effective ways to contribute to the continent’s growth and continued excellence. The University of Michigan African Presidential Scholars (UMAPS) program has helped retain and strengthen faculty members working in African institutions of higher education and empowered them to contribute to international academic networks and set their own research agendas.
The Program brings early-career faculty from African universities to Ann Arbor, Michigan. Scholars are paired with a faculty collaborator during their stay and have full access to the University of Michigan’s resources to further their work on a research project, an academic degree, publications, grant proposal, or other relevant activity.
University Of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program
The program supports the development of the next generation of African scholars by integrating them into international academic networks and promotes the university’s international commitment to research and teaching collaborations across diverse disciplines, from engineering to literature to economics.
READ NOW: University Of Queensland – 2021/22 Taiwan Global Leadership Scholarship Application
To be part of the scholarship application program, you should check the eligibility standards below.
- Be an early career faculty member who has taught in the higher education system for less than ten years, and who is presently teaching in a college or university in Africa
- Be employed in an ongoing position at a university or college in Africa
- Be able to demonstrate support from a home institution with a letter of recommendation from the head of department, dean, or vice chancellor
- Be able to remain in residence for five months
Review and selection will be made by a multidisciplinary faculty committee at the University of Michigan and will be based on the following:
- Academic quality of the candidate and of the proposed program of scholarship
- Academic fit of the candidate with others selected in the cycle and with the areas of interest described in the Scholarly Program section below – it is our hope to facilitate scholarly networks
- Equitable representations of scholars aligned with ASC’s three disciplinary initiatives
- Support of the candidate’s home institution
Priority will be given to candidates from disadvantaged backgrounds. The promotion of gender equity in the current class of scholars and the African academy will also be prioritized. Preference will be given to candidates who do not have significant international experience outside the continent.
The scholarship program welcomes direct applications from colleges or universities faculty members from Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, South Africa, and Uganda.
To apply for the scholarship program, you’ll need to adhere to the basic instructions given below.
- Simply complete the online nomination form (for University of Michigan faculty only and access requires University of Michigan login)
- Submit /upload a letter of endorsement that indicates your willingness to serve as a mentor during the length of the residency, commit to meet regularly, and if possible provide an office space for the prospective participant
As soon as we receive the complete nomination form and letter of support, we will send the nominated candidate an email invitation with a link to the application portal for nominated applicants; please do not use the regular application portal.
The application closing date is on the 15th of October, 2021. You can get more information about the program on the University Of Michigan African Presidential Scholars page
If you have any questions about this 2022/23 Fully Funded University Of Michigan African Presidential Scholars Program. Feel free to relate it with Securedbest.com via the comment box below.