Applications for the 2022 Google Research Scholar Program are now open and in this article, you’ll learn how you can apply for the scholarship program. The research program aims to support early-career professors who are pursuing research in a field relevant to Google.
2022 Google Research Scholar Program
The research scholar program provides unrestricted gifts to support research at institutions around the world and is focused on funding world-class research conducted by early-career professors. It is Google’s hope that this program will help develop collaborations with new professors and encourage the formation of long-term relationships
Google Research Scholar Grants
The funds granted will be up to $60,000 USD and are intended to support the advancement of the professor’s research
- Applicant should be a full time assistant, associate, or full professor at a university or degree-granting research institution. Post doctoral staff can only servce as a co-Pl, not a primary Pl.
- Applicants must have receive their PhD within seven years of submission (eg applicant in 2021 must have received PhD in 2014 or later). They consider exceptions for applicants who have been teaching seven years or fewr and had delays, such as working in industry, parental leave, leave or absence, etc. This exception request can be documented on the application.
- Applicants can submit one application per round. Faculty can only serve as a Pl or Co-Pl per round. Applicants cannot serve on two seperate proposals.
- Applicants can apply a maximum of 3 times within the 7 years post-PhD
Proposals are selected through an internal review process. Applicants will be notified of their proposal status within four months of the initial submission. We ask applicants to categorize their proposals into one of the following areas of interest to Google in Computer Science and related fields:
- Algorithms and optimization
- Augmented and virtual reality
- Cooling and power
- Health research
- Human-computer interaction
- Information retrieval and real-time content
- Machine learning and data mining
- Machine perception
- Machine translation
- Natural language processing
- Quantum computing
- Software engineering and programming languages
- Structured data, extraction, semantic graph, and database management
- Systems (hardware and software)
How To Apply
To apply for the scholarship program, simply follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Read advice on how to write a good proposal here.
Step 2: Write your proposal using the advice mentioned in step 1.
Step 3: Submit your proposal once the application window opens. You can find format recommendations in the FAQ.
Step 4: Applicants are notified within 4 months of submission.
When you follow the steps above, then your application will be successful.
When To Apply
Applicants are to apply by December 1 2021 at 11:59:59pm UTC.
Kindly share this 2022 Google Research Scholar Program: Google Research Grants on your social media accounts so that others can know about it.