The Skoll Scholarship is funded by the Skoll Foundation and the application is ongoing, which is to say that you can apply for the scholarship program for free. Read this article to learn more about the scholarship and the basic steps to take to get started.
The Scholarship is a competitive one for incoming MBA students to Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The Scholarship covers the full course fees for the MBA program, as well as partial living expenses.
The scholarship program provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
Applying for the scholarship is easy and if you’ve been having the dream of studying outside your country, then this is one great opportunity you shouldn’t miss for anything.
The scholarship gives you a financial support and provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
2023 Fully-funded Skoll Scholarship
The Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in the social impact/innovation space rather than the purely commercial or public sectors.
To be able to apply for the scholarship program, you have to meet some requirements. Read on
- Entrepreneurial action
1. You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make a positive social impact
2. You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
– Started or grew a social venture
– OR created and led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organization
– OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
- Creating Impact with a focus on systems change
1. You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
2. Your impact addresses unjust systems and practices in your area of work
- Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
1. You are a force for positive change
2. You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
3. You have a bias toward action
4. You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
5. You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
6. You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
You have apprenticed with the problem or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
- The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
1. You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
- Financial need
1. You are in a position where the cost of the program is a significant financial burden
2. You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
How To Apply
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship follow these steps:
- Connect with the platform at www.skollscholarship.org/connect to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the Oxford MBA program directly to Saïd Business School. You need to do this during stages 1, 2 , or 3 of the MBA admissions process.
- As part of your MBA application, upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA program or not.
- If you received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA program, your application will automatically go forward to the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Applications for the Scholarship are reviewed after each MBA admissions stage.
- You will receive an update on the status of your Scholarship application and whether your application is going forward to final shortlisting shortly after MBA admission decisions have been made from each stage.
- If you receive confirmation that your Scholarship application is going forward to final shortlisting, keep an eye out for an email from the Skoll Centre with a link to the Logistics and Reference Form. See timelines below to know when to expect this email.
- Once you have received the email, complete the Logistics and Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions to confirm your contact details (in case you are invited to interview), how you heard about the Scholarship, and your referee’s contact details. Please note, that your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final stages of the selection process.
The application closing date is on the 4th of January, 2023. Simply apply using the steps given above.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions about the 2023 Fully-funded Skoll Scholarship – Eligibility & How To Apply, feel free to relate them with Securedbest.com by using the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media accounts so that others can know about it.