If you’ve ever dreamed of studying in Canada, then you are welcome to read this method to apply for Canada Study Visa as I have given the basic details you need to get started. You’ll definitely need a study permit if you want to study in Canada and access the country during the duration of your study.
Visas are very much important if you’d like to travel out of your country for one thing or the other, and in this case, to study. When you want to travel to Canada for the purpose of studying there, then there are lots of things you should know.
Most of them have been listed in this article so you can know about them and trust me when I say if you follow every instruction given in this article, then your study visa permit will be granted without issues.
There are top universities in Canada you should consider applying for when you have successfully gained your study visa. A study visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa that allows the bearer to enroll at a postsecondary educational institution in the host country. High school foreign exchange students must typically obtain a visa for temporary residence.
Canada Study Visa
The universities in Canada are one you can write home about, and if you haven’t thought about applying for a study visa yet, then you are missing.
Canadian universities offer a high-quality teaching system, and the country is also rich in possibilities and cultures that you will definitely love. Canada Universities focus on Research, Scientific Publications, and International Collaborations, which are very essential for effective learning.
If you don’t want to have issues while studying in Canada, then you’ll need to apply and obtain a Canadian Study Permit which serves as a Canadian Student Visa for the duration of your stay.
Required Documents For Study Visa Application
Below are the requirements you’ll need to apply for the study visa in Canada.
- Original Passport/travel document
- Two recent passport size photograph
- The original acceptance letter from the University
- A cover letter
- Proof of study permit payment ($150 CAD)
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents
- Submit proof of financial support to aid your studies in Canada which include tuition and living expenses
- Health certificate
- Hotel reservation
- Flight reservation
- Academic certificates
Language Requirements (International Students)
for Non-English international students, they are required to submit language proficiency results. The following are acceptable language tests by Canadian Universities.
- Cambridge English: Advanced
How To Apply For Study Permit Visa In Canada
You can apply for the Canadian Study Permit online.
The online application is more preferable and for that reason, you can follow the steps given here;
- You’ll need a credit/debit card and the ability to create electronic copies of your supporting documents (i.e. using a scanner or camera). The visa office in your country will provide specific instructions about which documents you need to provide; this can vary depending on your location. If you need assistance, you can get help at your nearest visa application center (VAC).
The process for obtaining a Canadian Study Permit is as follows:
- You must first obtain a standardized letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education provider.
- Students studying in Quebec must also apply for a certificate of acceptance, known as a CAQ, from the government of Quebec. You must acquire this before you are permitted to apply for a study permit. You can get this online, by printing out a form, or by requesting a paper form from your university, which will also provide advice on this subject.
- The next thing is to get a Canadian student visa application package, either from the CIC website or by contacting your local visa office, or the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country. You may also need to obtain a temporary residence permit if you are from a designated country
In order to get your application package, you’ll need to answer a few questions about yourself on the CIC website. These questions will determine whether you are eligible to apply online for a Canadian student permit, and what documents you’ll need to provide.
You will receive a personal checklist code if found eligible, valid for 60 days, which you will need in order to submit your application online (Make sure to print out the page containing your code for future reference). The page will also include an application guide, an estimated tuition fees amount, a list of documents you will need to submit with your application, and guidelines for your next steps.
CHECK THIS OUT: Apply For UK Family Visa: Requirements And Applications Process
When you are ready to apply, create a MyCIC account, where you will enter your personal checklist code. You will then receive your personal document checklist which allows you to upload and send your documents to CIC. You’ll need a printer or a scanner to do this.
Once you have your documents and application form ready and have paid your fees, you can submit your completed application to CIC. Some applicants may have to attend an interview at their local visa office.
You can click on this CIC Website For A Study Visa
You will be issued a tracking number that you can use to track the progress of your visa application, after submitting your applications online or at the local VAC (visa application center) in your home country. You will be notified when your visa is ready for collection at the VAC.
Hope this article is helpful? If you have any questions about this Canada Study Visa, feel free to use the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media account so that others can learn from it.