The Fully Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for study in Canada is all you just need to take your education to the next level if really you wish to study with the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program today.
So with that understanding, I am very delighted to let you know that the Applications for the 2021/22 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program are now open. Please see the application details below.
Fully Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program for study in Canada
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is pleased to be partnering with The Mastercard Foundation to foster the next generation of African leaders. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC will provide 163 academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people from Sub-Saharan Africa with access to quality and relevant university education at UBC. After graduating, the scholars will then utilize their learning and experiences to contribute to the economic growth and social transformation of their communities in Africa.
CHECK THIS OUT>> GOVT Of Newzealand Scholarships For Foreign Students – Apply Now
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the best universities in the world. UBC’s vision is to create an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC will take place over a ten-year period with a total of 163 Mastercard Foundation Scholars, including 80 undergraduate and 83masters students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, the applicant must:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
- must not already have a graduate or PhD degree;
- be 35 years old or younger (i.e. born in 1985 or after);
- be a citizen or a refugee of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
- be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- commit to returning to Africa in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others;
- be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
- Faculty of Forestry
- Master of Sustainable Forest Management (MSFM)
- Master of International Forestry (MIF)
- Master of Geomatics for Environmental Management (MGEM)
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Master of Food and Resource Economics (MFRE)
- Master of Food Science (MFS)
- Master of Land and Water Systems (MLWS)
- Faculty of Science
- Master of Data Science
Please note that the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program only covers expenses of the admitted scholars.
Please note that Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply for this award.
Please note that funds from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC cannot be applied to pursue programs at other academic institutions.
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program covers all expenses associated with UBC tuition, housing and food. Scholars also receive a stipend each month to support their lives in Vancouver.
THIS MIGHT ALSO INTEREST YOU>> Facebook Avatar Maker Immediately: Create Facebook Avatar | Facebook Avatar Link
Step 1: Admissibility Submission: November 6, 2020
Step 2: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application: December 11, 2020
Step 3: UBC Faculty Applications:
- Forestry: January 13, 2021
- Land and Food Systems: January 8, 2021
- Science: January 8, 2021
These dates may vary from those posted on faculty websites. Please note that if you are applying for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC, you must submit all your documents (including your reference letters) by the dates requested above.
*Applicants applying to these programs should consider the different deadlines. Late submissions will not be accepted.
How To Apply for University of British Columbia Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Well, trust me when I say that the application is very simple and fast only if you can just provide all the details needed for the application.
However, to beginning with your application, then you can quickly check out this like here: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/minimum-academic-requirements-international-credentials.
If in case you have any question or challenge doing your Fully Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application for study in Canada, then you can as well use the comment section in dropping them and we will surely help you out.