Applications for the Young Health Program Scholarship are open and interested applicants can now apply for the fully-funded program to attend the One Young World Summit 2022. In this article, you’ll learn about the scholarship program and how to apply.
This is a program that is aimed at identifying and empowering young leaders who are tackling the burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) through advocacy, innovation, and the delivery of primary health services.
For years, the program has enabled more than 100 young leaders to join the One Young World community and participate in the annual One Young World summit.
Fully Funded Young Health Program Scholarship 2022
The Young Health Program scholars are social entrepreneurs, educators, activists, volunteers, health professionals, executives, investors, mentors, and much more working in areas as diverse as mental health, primary healthcare, sexual and reproductive health, emergency response, primary and secondary prevention, education, and digital platforms.
Scholars will receive;
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan which takes place from May 23 – 26, 2022.
- Participation in an exclusive Young health program pre and post summit program
- Hotel accommodation in Tokyo from May 21 – 26, 2022
- Travel to and from Tokyo (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between summit accomodation and summit venue
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the summit. Reimbursement for these can be claimed by scholars after the summit.
- Applicants should be bewtween ages 18 – 30
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact related to tackling NCDs
One Young World will evaluate applications according to the following criteria;
- Evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national, or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and/or social determinants of health programming
- Leadership ability in championing and galvanising stakeholders around their chosen cause or issue.
- A capacity for innovation and problem solving that is entrepreneurial and values-driven
- Concern for local and global issues
- Experience of working towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
A shortlist of candidates identified by One Young World will advance to an assessment process conducted by the Young Health Program. The Young Health Program will select 12 scholarship recipients.
Scholarship Application – How To Apply
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The one Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage.
They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the summit.
To apply, simply follow the steps below
- Go to the scholarship application portal
- Enter your personal information
- Answer the application questions and additional information
- Click on “Register” and follow onscreen instructions to apply quickly
The application closing date is on the 14th of October 2021.
Kindly share this fully Funded Young Health Program Scholarship 2022 and how to apply on your social media account so that others can know about it.