You can simply apply for a Schengen Business visa using the basic steps that have been outlined in this article. All you need to do is to make sure you meet the requirements and follow the guidelines here and you are very much good to go in applying for the business visa.
A business visa is an authorization of the designated country/countries of destination within the Schengen Area issued to the citizens of countries that have mandatory visa requirements from the Schengen Zone with the sole purpose of doing business in the EU.
If you hold this type of Visa (Business), you are not required to have the citizenship of the designated country in order to follow their business agenda yet such an authorization has its limitations as well.
Anyone interested in this type of visa should know that the earliest time to apply for a Business visa is three months before your planned trip and the latest is at most 15 working days before you intend to travel to Europe for business purposes.
How Long Is The Business Visa?
A business visa is commonly valid for stays no more than 90 days. If you will be traveling a lot and not only in one Schengen country it’s recommendable to fill in the “multiple entry” gap in the application form. By doing so, you will be able to enter and leave Schengen Zone as you please for the amount of time allowed on your visa issued.
Required Documents For Schengen Business Visa Application
The following documents are required for a Business visa application:
- Fully complicated and signed Visa application form.
- Two (2) recently taken photos must be attached. Both photos must be taken within the last three months.
- A valid passport (It should be valid for at least three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the Schengen area. Older passports with visas on them (if you have any).
- Round trip reservation or itinerary; It must include dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen area.
- Travel insurance policy
- Proof of accommodation. A document that shows where you will be accommodated throughout your stay in Schengen.
- Proof of financial means. Something to show that you have enough money to support yourself financially during your Business trip in Europe. Any of the following will do:
- Bank account statement – that shows you have enough money in your account for the trip. The statement shall be no older than 3 months.
- Sponsorship Letter – by another person that confirms they will be financially supporting your trip to the Schengen. In order for this letter to be valid, it must be accompanied by a bank statement of the sponsor, no older than three months.
- A combination of your bank account statement and a letter of sponsorship.
- Proof of paid visa fee.
- Cover letter.
- A short profile of the applicant’s working place.
- Letter from employer.
- Invitation letter
- For employees:
- Employment contract.
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
- For the self-employed:
- A copy of your business license.
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months.
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
How To Apply
To apply for a Business Visa, simply adhere to the basic instructions given below;
- Check at which Embassy/Consulate you need to apply
- Schedule an appointment at the embassy/consulate/visa centre
- Attend the visa interview.
- Wait for a response
What Is The Processing Time For Business Visa?
The processing time for a Business visa to Europe might take up longer if there is something extraordinary with the individual case. It can take up to 10 Business days for the Visa to be processed.
However, if you have any questions about this Schengen Business Visa, feel free to relate it with Securedbest.com by using the comment box below.