The WBG-Africa fellowship program 2022 is ongoing and you can read this article to know more about it and submit your application. The Africa regions of the World Bank Group (WBG) has announced the opening of the application period for the WBG Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D for the coming year and you have to read this article carefully to get started.
This program is targeted at Ph.D candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. Also, women are encouraged to apply too. The process of the fellowship program application is very simple and free. If you are interested, then read to know the eligibility standard and you are good to go.
Through the fellowship, the program aim to build the capacity of the next generation of African change makers in development research, and policymaking and promote the goals of reducing poverty in the region.
To be considered you must meet the following criteria given below.
Fellowship Program Eligibility
- You must be a Ph.D. candidate or recent graduate (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You must have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- You must be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
Phase I: A short-list of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
Phase II: The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status. Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2023.
Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees and round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university or institution.
WBG-Africa Fellowship Program 2022
It is very easy to apply for the fellowship program, the steps below should be taken for a successful application.
- Go to the World Bank Group Fellowship Application Page
- Click on Register at the bottom of the page
- Under the sign in form, click on the link “Sign Up Now”
- Enter a valid email address and click on Send Verification Code
- Open your email message to get the code, then enter the code in the space provided to verify the code
- Then complete your profile account creation with the needed details.
After that, sign in to into the world bank group page, or click on the World bank group fellowship application page link in step one above, then Start your application by providing the personal details required and click on NEXT PAGE.
On the next page, you have to provide the needed communication details and click on Next Page again. Then follow onscreen instructions to complete your application.
The application closing date is on the 25th of August, 2022. If you are interested, get started with your application by adhering to the basic steps given above.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions on this WBG-Africa Fellowship Program 2022, feel free to relate them DailiesRoom.com by using the comment box below. Also, share this article on your social media accounts so that others can learn from it.